Yes, it’s that time of the month – FUN FACT FRIDAY! So May has actually been a really busy month for me – feels like the longest month ever! Lol I’ve had an adventurous last couple of weeks. Allow me to share a few moments with you all below 🙂
1. My twin sister, Erin came to visit me for a WHOLE WEEK! It was a well needed visit. I’ve been missing the people that mean the most to me back home, so it was nice to have her here with me 🙂 #TwinPower! Now of course we recorded lots of corny videos (some of which may be posted at a later date lol) and took many photos of our time spent together. (Read my blog on Erin’s visit here!)
2. I feel like I have just been dancing my butt off this month! Lol Man! I went on about 5 auditions this month (3 out of 5 – dancing). There was one that just really stuck with me – Drumline: A New Beat auditions. This was a two day process, therefore a lot of passion, sweat & tears went into it. I learned 4 completely different routines in 2 days & killed all of em! Lol No lie. Now, I was in the Marching Band back in high school (clarinet player), but never had any experience doing dance team drills; so this was a really cool experience! The dance style is so uniformed & sassy! 🙂 Sadly, I wasn’t one of the twenty something ladies chosen for the TV movie. 🙁 But as always, evaluate your performance, take notes, learn from it & KEEP IT MOVING! 🙂 Praise God.
3. I won a RAP BATTLE! LOL … So I went to audition (yes, another one lol) for a chance to perform at ‘Birthday Bash’, one of the biggest music concerts in Atlanta, GA. McDonald’s is sponsoring ‘5 Minutes of Fame’ and was looking for talent. I attended the last audition and of course it was a large turnout! The staff at V103 (The People Station) did a raffle – so if your name was called, you got ONE minute to perform. At the end of the night, judges picked their top 4, and now viewers must vote online… yada yada…so I stuck around to see how I could WIN free tix to the concert, since I wouldn’t be performing lol.
Beyonce, of V103, asked for 4 ladies & 4 guys to participate in a “Freestyle Rap Battle” – I raised my hand. Lol She picked me! There were two rounds; the first two ladies went against ea other (winners were based off of applause), then I went against the third contestant. *Thank God it was a cappella!* I performed ‘The S-H-I-T’ and at the end of my verse, I did a little bit of singing. (I think that was bonus points for me lol) I won that round! Then, I had to go against the other winner. I performed ‘Rock the Mic’ but first got the crowd clapping with me, and then I DELIVERED! LOL Praise God! It feels good to be a versatile artist; I just KNEW my rapping skills would come in handy and I’d win a battle one day! Haha! :O 🙂
4. Like I said, this has been an adventurous month! (I’m trying to keep this down to 5 facts only! :o) So I’ll sum these events up together…ALL three of these were a first for me!
ATL Live on the Park – There was some amazing talent in the building, from singers to songwriters & super producers. We had a blast! I even got to meet R&B singer, Joe!
Atlanta Braves Baseball Game – We had some great seats! At least 4 baseballs flew past our section! Lol After the Braves won, there was a fireworks show!
5. Speaking of cultures, 🙂 did you guys know I helped launch a new campaign?! That’s right! I have been in a focus group over the past month and given the opportunity to create our very own sneaker! But not just any sneaker – a sneaker with PURPOSE. Culture has partnered with R.A.P On AIDS and will donate 100% of the profits to help combat the deadly epidemic. Culture: The R.A.P On AIDS Edition, is a red & peanut butter, unisex shoe. This is a limited edition sneaker & will be on sale for 30 DAYS ONLY, starting June 1st,2014. (Enter your info. on the site here & be sure to follow Culture’s social media!) Please #Support this great cause!
Thank You! Thank You for tuning in & have a safe weekend! Goodbye month of May; let’s see what June has in store 😉 Talk to ya’ll soon…