Ya’ll know what time it is… FUN FACT FRIDAY!! I am marking this as a special edition, simply because I have so much to share…and it’s been a minute lol. Instead of just FIVE facts, I’m gonna double that and give you TEN. 🙂 Holllerrr!
- I’ve decided to give myself (and my team) some much needed time to RECHARGE. I always praise God for every opportunity to hit the stage; on the other hand, it’s nice to have a small break. The next couple of weeks I’ll be able to clear my head, catch up on work, REST, and focus more on songwriting & vocal training. (Oh- and enjoy as dairy as much as I can, hehee!)
- I took a dive off the deep end and tried something new… NEW HAIR. So one of my last appearances required that I perform at the awards show + be present for the red carpet/awards ceremony. My team and I wanted to spice things up for this special event; so we went and shopped for hair, and had the stylist create & shape my wig 🙂 I know some women say, “I am not my hair” and I agree with that, but I also believe that my hair is a BIG part of ME. It represents part of who I am as a women and I take pride in it. I thank my #GlamSquad for making me feel comfortable, teaching me, and for all of their hard work put in that week. I’m happy I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried something new. Only time will tell if I decide to try it again… Lord knows I love my natural curls. Lol [New post coming soon with more photos/footage at the AMS event!]
- Still learning how to control my THOUGHTS… Sometimes we stress ourselves out over the things we CAN’T control, and that’s the stuff that gets us every time.
- Just looking out the window and off the top of my head: I’m THANKFUL to be here, living in Georgia. I love Atlanta and I love the people God has placed in my life and the opportunities He continues to give me to grow…
- On JULY 4TH, some friends & family came over to fellowship. What an awesome time it was. 🙂 We had brunch prepared, an obstacle course, sports, dinner, slushies & more! Aside from the guys lighting fireworks in the rain (and everybody taking off soon as they lit up lol..) one of my favorite activities was playing “Who Am I?” only we decided to go with the theme of Juneteenth Day on Independence Day. We each had a person who is a part of current events, a black leader, politician, entertainer and/or activist. At the end of the game we went around the room and educated one another more about each person & why they are important to our history. – Thank Ya’ll so much for a great day/night!
- I saw GOAPELE live in concert at Center Stage for the first time! I absolutely LOVED each set. This concert was different than most for me. More mellow. But so soulful! Beautiful lyrics were sang all night long. It was definitely a more grown up audience. Really enjoyed myself 🙂 and OMG she is just radiant! What a beauty. Her & her band did they thing. #inspired…
- …Thankful for EVERY artist I see rock a stage..no matter who they are. I love to be INSPIRED as an artist myself. Nowhere to go but up, as long as we keep perfecting every craft. My team BRINGS IT! Come support & see us perform. Definitely an experience. I promise you that 🙂 Stay in the loop for every show by adding your name & email to the #TeamAshleYYY Newsletter (on the right side of this page) and following me on all social media @AshleYYYMusic.
- Been meeting some really great TALENT everywhere I go. Wow, Atlanta! You amaze me lol. Shout out to all of the talent, no matter what field you are in. If God called you to do it, then walk in it & do yo thang! Praise God for every gift He has given us to share with the world.
- My FAVORITE SCRIPTURES are Revelation 21:4 “And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” / Revelation 22:4 “And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.” 🙂 Amen.
- Wanna support an AWESOME CAUSE?! Click HERE to support R.A.P on AIDS and/or the American Cancer Society by purchasing your very own pair of Culture shoes. iSupport #education, good #health & raising #awareness with Culture, all while doing it in style.
Thank You for tuning in & taking the time to catch up with me. Love ya’ll much and have a safe-relaxing-fun-filled weekend. God bless…