Hey World! HAPPY FRIDAY, I guess lol…Usually I’m excited when the weekend gets here, but I almost feel like it came too soon. You ever have those periods where you are just frustrated and/or drained for whatever reason and you just need some time for yourself? That’s how I felt some time ago, so I took off work for one week. I figure why be somewhere with an attitude when you can take some time off to recharge and come back happier?! I wanna be at peace mentally/physically, especially when I have to interact with people on a daily basis. I think we all can agree that we want to do our jobs well and sometimes that requires knowing when you need a break. So this past week I found myself writing, reflecting, & resting. I went on an audition + took two challenging dance classes! Still a few more days left to enjoy, so I can’t complain. Praise God to be able to take time off. Now that I’ve recharged, I plan on letting my light shine bright again! 🙂 lol
As promised in the title, I have a new video to share with you all. As ya’ll know, dance is a huge part of my artistry & I enjoy throwing cover songs into my performances. Below is live footage from the Broken Chains Rebirth Celebration at the Atrium Event Center (January 16th, 2016). This is such a fun piece to perform, for many reasons lol. Here is a taste of “Hiccup,” “Find Me,” and the full choreography for Yo Gotti’s “Down In The DM.” Check it out below & send me your REQUESTS! Thanks for tuning in 🙂 #TeamAshleYYY
“DO MY LADIES RUN THIS MOTHA-FOR YA??? ….HEEEEECK YEAH!” (Ya’ll know I can’t curse. lol)
I’ll be performing live tonight at Ladies Werking’ 2! Whoop whoop! That’s right – ALL female talent. I can’t wait. I’m feeling empowered. #GIRLSTYME #LADIESFIRST #LADIESONLY #GIRLSRUNTHEWORLD …you get the picture. I’m excited to see some new talent & to hit the stage again. Last time we threw down, just wait til this evening 😉 This event is brought to you by AmberJaii, Letz Werk & That Rabbit. (Thank Ya’ll for having me again 🙂 ) Details belooooow!
*Ladies Werking’ 2 Urban Showcase*
| Saturday, Sept 26, 2015 @ Enclave | 708 Spring Street Atlanta, GA 30308 | Doors/Red Carpet opens @ 8pm | Show starts @ 9PM | General Admission $10 before 10pm |
See ya’ll tonight, MUAH!
Good Evening World!
How ya’ll doing?! …I hope all is well and everybody is starting their week off riight! As mentioned in a previous post, my team & I were on a much needed break. During that time I had the opportunity to at attend a beautiful wedding reception, plus visit family & friends in the Midwest. Praise God to be able to travel. Once I got back to Atlanta, it was bAcK2Bi’ness! lol Last night we hit the stage at the Music Room for “The Xperience” R&B/Hip Hop concert. If you missed out, no worries. I have two more shows this weekend! It don’t stop. 🙂
“Now back to the lesson at hand…”
So I don’t enjoy listening to the radio all the time because a lot of the rap music sounds the same and I can’t always relate to the subject matter. However, there are times when a song will catch my attention & pull me in. I will admit Rich Homie Quan’s “Flex” did just that. lol I love how catchy the hook is and the music itself.
One day I was playing around with the instrumental and started thinking how I could turn this song around, lyrically. I wanted something sassy, something I could relate to, yet still keep it fun & catchy by utilizing the original melodies…
“Walked on the stage, mic in my hand, don’t speak, hips sangin, Oooh / Baddies by my side, left to the right, everybody lookin like, O-o-uh-oh!..” Lol Yass! (Shoutout to my girls, Mychala & Marquita who hold me down on stage 😉 )
Take a listen to the FULL song below, tell me your thoughts on my cover & please share!
Peace Out! TTYL 🙂
NEXT SHOW in Atlanta –> Saturday, 9/26 @ Enclave
Today feels beautiful. I’m alive, the sun is shining, and it’s a holiday! Lol Buuut I still have to work. Haha. Happy Labor Day and I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I actually attended House In The Park for the first time! It was held at Grant Park where DJs played house music ALL day, while families’ barbecued & lounged in their tents! (I want a camping tent so bad lol.) Vendors were on site and the music was bumping. Shout out to Chicago, the originators of House Music, and all the DJs holding it down! I would definitely go back next year. I love being outdoors & attending festivals. Good times.
As promised, I have another interview to share with you guys. I met up with Moshua “Molo” Loriel & special guest host, Jay Dukes, of Molo In The City Podcast (episode 10), at Cirque Daiquiri Bar & Grill in Atlanta, GA. I actually first met Moshua a few years ago, when I first moved to GA. Back then I was attending a lot of open mics and would always see her performing at Legend Café. She has such a great spirit & a fun personality, so it was nice catching up with her. In this interview, find out who my favorite producer is, the meaning behind my LET’S WAIT! Campaign, and see me perform! ~ BIG THANKS to Quadir, Moshua, & Jay for having me! 🙂 Much Love. Be sure to subscribe to their channel & watch more interviews on Fashion, Music, Art, & Entertainment HERE. (PS… Moshua, I love watching you on the show. You are such a natural. Keep doing what you do!! You’re great at it.)
That’s all for now folks! Have a PEACEFUL & productive week…
Love ya 😉
Hey World! Let me fill you in on what’s goin down tonight…
I’ll be performing LIVE at iLounge for Rising Star Entertainment’s Website Launch Party. (Thank You Star for having me again & much more success to you!) Come thru, party, and be ready to see a great show 😉
iLounge | 1287 Glenwood Ave. SE Atlanta, GA 30316 | 9PM | $5 entry all night
…We have been getting it IN all month long. Look out for NEW photos & performance footage coming soon guys! #GRINNND.
Happy Thursday! 🙂
Good Evening World!
As you may already know, I’m a contestant in the Artist Music Showcase & Awards this Friday! It’s been a long process and the big show day is finally approaching – Praise God! Lol But all of us still got some work to do…
TONIGHT — 7PM EST! You can listen to the Top 10 Artists & Carty Monroe (creator of AMS) chat it up with Jason Carey & Jovon Chambers of JC Squared on BNX Radio. Log on to Atlantanx.ibnxradio.com or click HERE to tune in 🙂 You’ll get to know more about each contestant, the AMS preparation process & what you can expect this weekend.
Interested in attending? HIT ME UP! I got a few ($10) advanced tix left 🙂 You can also pay at the door OR send an email to [email protected] and reserve your seat today! ($20) #LetTheShowcaseBegin!
#TeamAshleYYY Let’s Go!
GOOD EVENING WORLD! If you haven’t already, be sure to check out my latest music video, “You Changed Me” – A Jamie Foxx & Chris Brown cover. I did this duet with singer-songwriter, Diamonn (@OfficiallyDiamonn). We shot the video in Georgia at two different locations – her pool & my pool! Lol because its summertime, the atmosphere was definitely fitting for what we were going for… We both wanted to create something that was fun, playful & simple. In this video you will definitely see us glammed up & performing the song; but you’ll also get a glimpse of us just being… well… us. Lol. Laughing, playing sports, make up running, doing the “death drop”, hair outta place, being goofy and just being in the moment. I think the outtakes are my favorite part!
Thank You to Mr. Griffin for ALL of your hard work on set & putting this video together. We definitely couldn’t have done it without you. #HHUCIT ~ Thank You to our recording engineer, A’Lex. I enjoyed working with you! I absolutely love your vibe in the studio & appreciate your skills. You kept us on point! ~ Diamonn… you already know girl 🙂 I’m so happy we finally made this happen. I’m proud of what we created & learned a lot through the process. Looking forward to working with you again & much success to you on your journey! #BossNow is available NOW guys–> Download her EP here! #RnB #Music #Diamonn
Now take a look & listen below to OUR version of “You Changed Me” – Let us know your thoughts. 🙂 Download the song HERE for your listening pleasure.
Peace Out! Have beautiful day World. Be kind & uplift others… Don’t forget your smile 🙂 xoxo.
YOU know what time it izzz… F! F! F! 😀 (Fun Fact Friday)
1. I think my favorite festival “food” would have to be FUNNEL CAKES! [a crisp, deep-fried cake, made by pouring batter through a funnel into fat or oil, usually in a spiral shape, and dusted with powdered sugar.] Anytime I go to a festival I leave with one. Makes me miss Summerfest & State Fair back home 🙁
2. I’ve discovered some new RADIO STATIONS in Atlanta.. Praise GOD! Now I listen to OG 97.9 & BOOM 102.9 for Classic Hip Hop! They play ALL my favorite throwbacks. I get so sick of hearing the same stuff on the radio, it’s actually refreshing to hear old school jams – the music I listened to growing up & dancing to in college. Lol
3. I used to feel a way about, buuut now I don’t really care. Lol I enjoy taking FOOD PICS.. especially at restaurants. Presentation is everything & its just nice to capture the moment. Food is like art you can eat! 🙂 hehee! [You ever been in a nice restaurant and as soon as your plate came out, you snapped a pic real fast on the low, hoping nobody saw?! ..like it was illegal or something?! HA!]
4. I went to the ATLANTA JAZZ FESTIVAL in Piedmont Park for the first time! I loved it!! OMG – next year we need a big group of friends and will have to set up a tent or something lol that park is huge! Good outdoor fun 🙂
5. WHERE THE STAGE AT????!!! 😉 TWO shows coming up next month…
June 27th – Loc Livin Under The Stars [Atlanta, GA] & June 28th – Highlight Real [Riverdale, GA] Click on my –> CALENDAR for details & SUBSCRIBE! 🙂 HaPpY FriDAy & Have a fun–filled weekend guys! Love ya.
F! F! F! …
1. Sooo I locked myself out of my iPhone. I was thinking too much one morning and completely forgot the passcode. Long story short, I had to clear my phone. No contacts. (PS.. If u text me, don’t be mad when I ask, “Who is this?!” lol) #Smh.
2. I had the opportunity to choreograph for a talented group of young ladies! GRAVITY aka G-Force, performed at Atlanta’s Got Talent this month and did a great job. These ladies’ skill & work ethic is beautiful; plus they give 100% every time in rehearsals! Keep it up girls 🙂
3. The UNCF An Evening of Stars event was filmed at the Atlanta Civic Center. It was hosted by Anthony Anderson and aired on BET. I had the opportunity to be Photographer of the Day! lol Big thank you to Edward, of Hip Hop U-C-It, for always allowing me to work, learn new things & meet inspiring people on the red carpet. (See more photos & videos on HIPHOPUCIT.com!!! < Click here.)
4. I’ve been reading Joyce Meyer’s ‘The Confident Woman Devotional: 365 Daily Inspirations’ and I absolutely love it. It’s just one page a day and I read it in the morning to start my day. She gives a scripture, a story or example to learn from, and a prayer. Every subject is right on time!!! Praise God for confirmation.
5. I performed at this month’s Writing Sessions of America (#WSAATL) at Apache Cafe… Intimate set. Great talent. Smooth night 🙂 I enjoyed ALL of the performances & speakers! Always grateful to be able to do what I love the most & be surrounded by music lovers who take their jobs seriously. 🙂
…There you have it! Five Fun Facts 🙂 Until next time, have a great weekend! (Oh, who’s watching the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight?! I guess I’ll be watching with my eyes covered half of the time. I can only take so much violence, guys! Lol I know it’s a sport; but it was hard enough for me to watch Rocky Balboa! haha.) Peace!